Another week, another hodgepodge
- Its freakin great to be back in the ED.
- While the ICU was very hard at times, its was definitely worthwhile. Even after only 4 weeks, I feel much more comfortable dealing with sick patients, and that carried over to the ED when where just this past week alone I managed 3 acutely ill patients, and relatively comfortable doing so.
- Although, only 1/3 of the acutely ill patients survived. So much for confidence.
- 0/2 deaths could I have done anything about really (more in a later post).
- The attending I enjoy working with most, and learn the most from, is a fresh graduate of this very residency program. Bodes well for the future if the grads all end up having his level of skill and knowledge.
- I am enjoying having little pressure to move the meat. As an intern, there is no pressure on us to see X number of patients per hour. Which has been nice this week when I’ve had sick patients. I’ve actually be able to be in the room and manage the situation face to face.