>Laws of the House of God
>Figured this was a good time for a re-read of The House of God.
Fatman’s Laws of the house of god
- Gomers don’t die
- Gomers go to groud
- At a cardiac arrest, the first procedure is to take your own pulse.
- The patient is the one with the diesease
- Placement comes first
- There is no body cavity that cannot be reached with a #14G needle and a good strong arm
- Age + Bun = Lasix Dose
- The can always hurt you more
- The only good admission is a dead admission.
- If you don’t take a temperature, you can’t find a fever
- Show me a BMS (best medical student) who only triples my work and I will kiss his feet
- If the radiology resident and the medical student both see a lesion on the chest x-ray, there can be no lesion there
- The delivery of good medical care is to do as much nothing as possible.